Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Columbus Park, Chinatown - NYC

I thought I would put up some pictures that I took when I was in Columbus Park a few weeks ago. NYC's Chinatown is always busy with activity. On the morning that I went, many restaurants and shops were just getting ready to open up for the day.

I was there to meet my Kung Fu teacher and some other students for a day of outdoor extra-curricular practice. In the end, I was the only one there along with my Sifu, but I got a chance to go over a few things. So, it wasn't time wasted!

                                                On my way to Columbus Park, Chinatown.

I think Columbus Park is filled with people at all hours of the day!

I got there at about 9 in the morning, and there were quite a few people there already.








The mid-section of the park is actually divided into two parts.

Here is the soccer field section. The local soccer club kids are here practicing or playing a match.








And, this is the basketball section. Every Sunday morning when I came here to meet up with my other training brothers/sisters this part would be occupied by martial arts practitioners from all backgrounds.

It is a very popular practice location because it is a large wide open area.






                                               A look down Canal street on a bright Sunday.

Well, that's all I have from that day. It was a pleasant morning in Chinatown, and I sent an hour or two wondering around. There's really so much to see around Chinatown, but hardly enough time to see it all because most of the major attractions are in Canal.

Unless you know what you're looking for and know where to find it, you can spend an entire afternoon here and not really find much. But, that's the whole point of exploring!

Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment