Saturday, October 16, 2010

My NYAF/NYCC Goodies!

Well hello there!

Back for more, Aye! Well, I couldn't blame you; NYAF/NYCC was fun, and I wish I could have attended all three days. However, that's not to say that the one day I went wasn't jammed packed with things to see and buy. Keeping that in mind, this will be the last post on some of things I bought or grabbed while at the con.

What I bought or got at the con wasn't much. But, for me, they are my little treasures!

As I mentioned in my previous post the real reason for attending this year was because of Hangry & Angry. So, before "Angry" Ishikawa's signing session I purchased a few items, and had her sign one of them.





Above is a set of photos of "Angry" that I purchased, which came with a Hangry & Angry sticker.

I also bought Hangry & Angry's CD "Sadistic Dance". This is actually a great album with a lot of rock tunes. It is all in Japanese with sparse English phrases put into the mix, and honestly, it's quite addicting!

Rock on!







"Angry" Ishikawa signed the inside of the album booklet.
She wrote the English word "Angry" in Hiragana.

Now this is something that I found a little odd afterward. In Japanese, English words are actually written out in Katakana, but Ishikawa wrote "Angry" using Hiragana. Hmm... oh well, it's cool anyway!





A picture of both Hangry & Angry on the inside of the album booklet.

I still think it would have been great if both of them were there. Then I would have gotten both of them to sign it.







Next up,

I actually received this from someone who was handing them out. It's a mini art book with designs of the characters from the new anime series called StarDriver.

Don't know much about this series, but the designs look pretty interesting.






This is the actual NYAF/NYCC program guide. It is twice as thick, covering twice as many events and features!










I bought a couple of DVDs that I found through out my journey that day.


Being a big fan of the Ninja Turtles movies, at least the first two, when I was younger I found this movie collection to be a real steal.

One of the DVD booths at the con was selling DVDs for $5.99, and I found this for $10. I wish it was also $5.99, but still a bargain none the less.






For those of you that know me personally out there you know that I'm a huge zombie movie fan. So, when I found a copy of the 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD of Zombi 2 I was thrilled. This find was a true diamond in the rough, for me at least!

Zombi 2, 2-disc Special Edition!

What a rare find indeed. It one of those situations where you just happen to be in the right place at the right time!

Well, that's pretty much it. Like I said before, there was so much to see and I would have liked to visit every single booth at the con, but it was really impossible. Still, I managed to get a few memorable souvenirs. 

It all finally comes to an end. It sad when events come and go, and you know that it was a real great experience. But at least I have my pics and vids to remember them by. So with that my blog posts on NYAF/NYCC 2010 come to an end. 

I hope you had fun reading my posts as much as I had fun experiencing them. Can't wait until next year!

Until then, keep on rocking!

No comments:

Post a Comment